Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wednesday: Egg, Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden City

Wednesday we began our day at the Egg.



Jessica pretended to be an egg.



She met some friends on the walk to Tian'anmen Square.



Dad and Jessica in Tian'anmen Square with the Forbidden City behind them:



After the Square, we crossed the street to the Forbidden City. I tried to get a senior citizen pass for Dad but they are only for the Chinese. Oh well. He's not yet a senior citizen anyway.



Again, the weather was terrible, but we had fun taking pictures anyway.


Jessica got trapped in a doorway when a tour group passed through.



She gave the turtle a tickle.


We found lots of neat doors.





Jessica met a buddy.



We also liked the red walls.



I asked an old Chinese woman if I could borrow her umbrella. She thought it was a bit strange, but she gave it to me. (That's a water spout above me.)



--Sarah, Dad, & Jessica--

No comments: