Friday, April 8, 2011

Jon's March Trip - Spring Blossoms and Makeup!

Jon spent two weeks visiting me in March and our trip to Inner Mongolia was just the beginning. We had a few more days during my spring break holiday before I had to go back to work.

We visited Chaoyang Park and saw the beginnings of spring!

And also some clean trash and unrecycling:

We went to the old Summer Palace with too many other people.

Jon visited my classroom and all the kids were excited to see Mr. Jon again. One student even brought us kimchi for lunch.

The day before Jon left, we got all dressed up in the style of Peking opera. Jon was suffering through terrible allergies so he wasn't enjoying it much, but thankfully I think our photos turned out pretty great! I have to wait until June to get the retouched photos back but here are a couple of the originals. I'll have to put up a post just for this soon.

We also finally lit Jon's birthday candle that our driver bought for him in Inner Mongolia. This birthday candle is the most amazing birthday candle I've ever seen!
Jon took my cat, Lao Wai, back with him and she is learning to get along with his cat and dog.

I have 45 more days of school and only 79 days until I repatriate!

--Sarah--

2 comments:

FilipBlog said...

Very nice article, we also like flower. We just visited Keukenhof in The Netherlands and published many pictures of flowers on our blog.

Gabrielle said...

That candle is cool. When I bought a cake for my friend several years ago, it came with one. We had no idea what it was going to do when we lit it. It was a big surprise.