Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun-Filled Family Weekend

Last weekend I traveled down to southern California to visit the fam. Friday morning we went to Grandfather's school and talk to the kids about who he was. The kids were great and we plan to visit again to do a whole school assembly in June. Then my sister and I had lunch with Great Aunt Burneal, Great Aunt Audrey, and Great Uncle Earle.

Friday night my mom and I visited Catherine, Naysan, and my new first cousin, once removed, Kian. He is darling! Unfortunately, the only pictures we took are on my mom's camera so I have nothing to put here.

Saturday was the 60th wedding anniversary party for Great Aunt Pat and Great Uncle Burl. There were about 50 people there and it was very nice. My favorite parts were:

meeting my new cousin, Mikhial:


Seeing Pat and Burl dancing:


And dancing with my little brother:


I feel very fortunate to have been able to visit with 6 great aunts and uncles (Burneal, Audrey, Earle, Pat, Burl, and Maxine) this past weekend. I am so thankful that I have a close family.

--Sarah--

No comments: