Thursday, May 7, 2009

Migrant School

Back in February, I visited a local migrant school with students from my school. Our school's Roots and Shoots group of 3rd to 5th graders taught lessons and played games with the students at the school. I was one of the two advisors for the group so I got to chaperone and witness the wonderful interactions. The kids were all so appreciative and excited to see all of our kids. Our kids also brought the money they raised for the school and lots of school supplies to donate. The great thing was that it made a huge impression on our kids as well.

All of the classrooms were packed with kids. There is no heating, so you can see all of the kids in their coats. They have very little for instructional materials.











I just wanted to scoop up these little darlings and bring them home.









--Sarah--

1 comment:

CACM said...

Cute kids! Looks like it was a good experience all the way round.