Friday, August 6, 2010

Summertime

So, what else happened between getting engaged in early July until early August when I flew back to Beijing? A lot of relaxing and hanging out in Santa Cruz mostly.

I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my wonderful friend Amelia. I love the jellyfish there, as you can also see here and here.

Jon and I took his dog Gypsy to the beach where they chased each other around in the surf and then came and dried themselves off on me.

I also met and was able to stay unscathed by Jon's cat, Dori.

Jon and I went to his friends' wedding.

We also went to the zoo where he turned into a giraffe and complained I was taking too long to take his picture. Really, I was just waiting from him to make this fantastic expression:

He took me to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk where I grabbed the metal rings while riding the carousel and tried to toss them into the clown's mouth. If you know what I'm talking about - you've done it too, I bet!

I also had some time to catch up with friends and family. I managed to catch two of Uncle Steve's games this summer - one the day I arrived from China and the other the evening before I left to return to China.

This is my last year over here in China before I move back to California. There are still a few adventures here I want to have before heading back so stay tuned! And if you are thinking about visiting while I'm here, you better hurry up!

--Sarah--

1 comment:

Mike and Nikki said...

LOVE the jelly fish pictures! I totally know what you are talking about with the carousel. It is such a fun carousel to go on! It was good to see you and I'm excited that you are going to live closer very soon!