Sunday, February 13, 2011

Japan - Kawagoe

On my last full day in Japan, I took a train to Kawagoe. Kawagoe is known for sweet potatoes and there is even a beer made by Coedo that uses them. I bought a couple bottles to share with Danny when I returned to his place in the evening.

In Kawagoe, I walked around the shopping streets and visited the clock tower.

I also walked to the candy alley where kids were buying candy and sweet bread loaves. I didn't even have to look at my map to get to the candy alley, I just had to follow all the kids.

In the afternoon, I visited a temple which turned out to be my favorite part of my whole trip.

On the temple grounds there is a Buddha statue garden with hundreds of statues. Each Buddha is different and I took my time looking at each one.

The most famous ones are these two whispering and the one behind them who looks like he is listening in.

On my walk back to the train station, I saw some chopsticks lifting some noodles and a horse.

More photos at flickr.

--Sarah--

1 comment:

FilipBlog said...

Seems like a special place