Monday, December 21, 2009

Cuandixia Village

Back in November, I went to visit Cuandixia Village with some friends. I had wanted to visit this village last April, but I wasn't able to then. This time, there was snow everywhere and it was freezing. We saw very few other visitors while we were there. Cuandixia Village is a several hundred year old hill village and one of the best preserved in all of China. We walked around the courtyards and lanes. When we were ready for lunch, we found a little room and I managed to tell the man and woman there that we were hungry and asked if they had any food. It was a guesthouse with a little room with a couple small tables so we were hopeful. They did have a menu, but it was all in Chinese and I could only recognize a few of the characters. Luckily, I was able to order a few things and get across to them that we did not want any meat, only vegetable dishes. Our lunch was lovely and our visit to this village was wonderful.

More pictures on flickr.

--Sarah--

No comments: