Saturday, June 20, 2009

Monday: Errands, Olympics, Temples, Apartments

Monday started off at the US Embassy so that I could add more pages to my passport. Dad and Jessica came along. Not the most exciting part of their trip.

Next, we hopped in a cab to take us to the nearest subway (got a little lost on the way, but made it eventually). Then, we took the subway to the Olympic Park.


Here, Dad and Jessica got to see the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube. Also, we got to be in a picture with a Chinese girl who thought that we were fantastic. Unfortunately, that picture is on her camera. Jessica also modeled with a sculpture.





Next, we went over to the Confucius Temple.





Dad investigated something for sacrifices and I thought about sacrificing him.



We found where to recycle and where to put our organisms.


We walked up the street to visit the Lama Temple and saw men playing games and had a few photo ops.



Once we got to the Lama Temple we decided that we were tired and we didn't have much time left before I had to be at my next errand so we just looked at the sign and found more brooms.


After that we headed over to my old apartment to do my check out. I moved the same day Dad and Jessica arrived. It worked out that they got to see both my old apartment and my new apartment here.

--Sarah, Dad, & Jessica--

No comments: