Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sunday: Back to the Dirt Market & Father's Day Dinner

We went back to the Dirt Market on Sunday morning to buy a few more things before our trip home on Monday. Jessica got this video of a guy playing a little flute. I have a few of these at my place. This might have been on the first visit to the market earlier in the trip. I don't know how to rotate the video, so rotate your head. I figured out how to rotate the video, but it is much smaller so I'll leave both. You can decide to watch the small right-side-up video or the larger sideways video.



Later we went out to eat. We had planned to meet up near Tian'anmen Square with a friend of mine and her brother, but they were late coming back from Thailand. So, Dad, Jessica and I headed over to Ghost Street to see if we could find a place to eat. We liked the lanterns but didn't find anywhere we wanted to eat.



Just as we were about to settle some place, my friend called and said they could meet after all. We hopped on the subway and down to Tian'anmen. We had a fantastic dinner and then great drinks at a bar with a rooftop patio. Happy Father's Day to Dad!

--Sarah, Dad, & Jessica--

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

My neighbour sometimes plays his flute- beautiful on a summer early morning but he scuttles back inside if he sees me so I keep out of sight.

Allanah K